Thinkly IP is a consultancy driven company in Kenya that offers an exceptional blend of Intellectual Property services from Identification, Protection, and Commercialization. We specialize in: Copyright, Trademarks, Industrial Designs, Patents, Utility models, IP Audits, IP Management, Alternative Dispute Resolution amongst others. We operate both locally and globally and are devoted to providing extensive IP services to multinational corporations, Small and Medium-sized businesses, Startups, and individuals who wish to expand their businesses, create strong brand entities and obtain valuable competitive intelligence in the market.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
- Visitors to our website and potential clients who contact us
- External offices, organizations and agencies we deal with
- Our suppliers and service providers
- Job applicants
- COLLECTED INFORMATION
In order to subscribe to any of our mailing lists, submit a comment, or contact us, you agree to provide the following information in the required form:
- Your name;
- Your company name;
- Your E-mail address;
- Phone number;
- Nationality and residence information;
- Financial information such as bank account details or payment card details;
- Publicly-available information such as information on official registers or public records;
- Other information relevant to the provision of the services we are providing or the services we are requesting.
- PURPOSE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
- Thinkly IP collects your personal information for the following reasons:
- To communicate with you; and to provide you with information and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- Notify you about changes to our service.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge
- Use it to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings
- Use it for our legitimate business interests, such as undertaking business research and analysis, managing the operation of our websites and our business
- Use it to look into any complaints or queries you may have, and
- Use it to prevent and respond to actual or potential fraud or illegal activities
- Information from users will be treated as confidential and will not be sold, disclosed, or transmitted, except:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets. For example, if all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, any personal data held by us will be one of the assets transferred in a sale or disclose to the prospective buyer.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Thinkly IP, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, prevention of money laundering, and credit risk reduction.
- In the event that a third party claims that any material posted or uploaded by you to our website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- DATA SECURITY
- Your personal information is important to us and at all times we work towards maximizing security when obtaining, retaining, processing and transferring your data. It is acknowledged that while we endeavor to upgrade our security on an on-going basis, it is not within our power to guarantee the security of the Internet worldwide.
- Thinkly IP tries to prevent the loss, misapplication, destruction and modification of the information provided by users, through security measures. Thinkly IP assumes no liability to users or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misapplication, destruction and modification.
- IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
In addition to information such as your IP address, operating system and browser type, we may obtain information via the use of ‘cookie’. Cookies can help us to: recognize you when you return to our website; store information about your preferences, and allow us to customize your website visit; help in estimating our audience size and usage patterns; and generally help us improve our website and deliver a better and more personalized service. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies provided you activate the appropriate browser setting for this (however, this may affect your access to our website).
- YOUR RIGHTS
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the some or all of the personal information we hold, please email email@example.com
- You also have the right to request that we change incorrect information about you.
- In certain circumstances you have the right to object to our processing of your information, including in relation to profiling, direct marketing or scientific or historical research purposes
- If you have a complaint about how we obtain, process or retain your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will investigate your complaint and reply in writing.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Website may contain links to other websites. Thinkly IP is not responsible for privacy practices of other websites. Thus, we are advising you to consult the respective Privacy Policies of these third-party websites for more detailed information. It may include their practices and instructions about how to opt-out of certain options. You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like further information on the collection, use, disclosure, transfer or processing of your personal information or the exercise of any of the rights listed above, please contact us. You can do this by writing to us at email@example.com