Intellectual Property as a Competitive Advantage – For SME Managers and Entrepreneurs
Intellectual Property (IP)and its value is often inadequately appreciated, and its potential for providing opportunities for growth and increased profit margin is widely underestimated by enterprises in Kenya and Africa as a whole. IP is the lifeblood of a company that seeks to grow and stand the test of time. Mistakes in IP protection practices or any sort of laxity in having an adequate IP management policy for your enterprise can not only pose a risk of losing your competitive advantages to your competitors but may also expose the enterprise to avoidable litigation. This half a day workshop will enlighten you on various aspects of IP (Trademarks, Patents, Copyright and Industrial Designs), how to protect them and your role as the owner of the intellectual assets.
After the training, participants should be able to answer the following main questions:
- What is Intellectual Property (IP)?
- What are Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)?
- Common problems of SMEs in their day to day activities?
- Why should I deal with IP/IPR issues?
- Why should IP be an integral part of my business strategy?
- How can IP be a business asset?
- Which IP protection tools can I use (e. g. trademarks, patents etc.) and when?
- How do I protect my IP internationally and why?
Book by email to firstname.lastname@example.org